30 January 2008

Support a Cell Phone Tax Moratorium

Go here Support a Cell Phone Tax Moratorium and fill out the required info and help fight against wireless tax increases! Below is a copy of what your e-signed letter will read as...

Subject: Subject: Freeze all Unfair, New Wireless Taxes for Three Years
Dear [Lawmaker]:

Please make tax relief for America's more than 253 million wireless consumers a real priority of the U.S. House and Senate in 2008 during the second session of the 110th Congress.

The American wireless consumer today now pays 15 percent on average in wireless taxes on our monthly bills - and I have learned that in some states, 17 of them to be exact, have even skyrocketed to well over 15 percent in monthly wireless taxes. After going over my bill, I see my wireless taxes are currently DOUBLE or TRIPLE that of other goods and services. Wireless consumers pay over $20 billion dollars annually in wireless taxes and fees.

I use my wireless device every day to keep connected to my family, my office and my friends. Please don't let complicated and costly state and local taxes, fees and surcharges make using my cell phone unaffordable.

Since wireless is obviously a service of convenience and mobility that doesn't recognize state borders, the current mess of different state and local taxes and regulations inevitably reduces my choices of products, plans and services. It also slows down the innovation of new devices and options, and ultimately, it increases my costs as a consumer. Wireless has become the service of choice for consumers like me to stay connected, but also for many to access the Internet, music, video, gaming and more, all while on-the-go. Things that were never possible are now easily portable with wireless technology at our fingertips every day.

Please support legislation to enact a Cell Phone Tax Moratorium. The bill places a 3-year freeze on all new, discriminatory state and local taxes on wireless service. Allowing me to keep a little more of my hard-earned money in these uncertain economic times would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your leadership and hard work on behalf of consumers. My best wishes to you in this new session of Congress.



Sincerely,

Your name
Your street address
City, State Zip

sources: © 2005-2006 MyWireless.org®

No comments: