24 December 2007

Xmas letters to friends in prison

My friend Danny is in prison, with a 30 year sentence. 15 of which he’s already done. Danny boy, Danny boy. Is my Irish friend with a temper. You see Danny wouldn’t let anyone give him any shit. Why? I don’t know. He spent plenty of his youth in and out of detention centers. His family didn’t care to much about him. They felt he was just a hassle, and in some ways he was.


So he kind of became an extension of my dysfunctional family. I Hope You Know That This Will Go Down On Your Permanent Record. Is true. You see all the crimes Danny was racking up over his juvenile year’s, mostly between 16 and 24 were just adding up. Until one day through the hot, humid air, early in the morning hours of any given weekend.


We were all hanging out on a corner with are car radios on. When an on coming car swerved around us and threw a bottle at Danny’s truck. A chase ensued , with Danny recklessly weaving the big 1984 Chevy suburban into submission. Down narrow streets, through residential neighborhoods. Passing intersections at breakneck speeds. Running red lights, hurling expletives. Another intersection approaching, a red light! The lead car swerves around a small car, AT THE LIGHT! It went around the stopped car so fast, was it really there?


Danny knew it was, when his two ton Chevy smashed the rear end of the car, so hard it met the windshield. Practically cutting through the car and its occupants. For a bottle, pride, fucking stupidity. Multiple people have heart aches, for what? I don’t know, I’ll never know, He’s still my friend and I just sent him a Xmas letter in prison.

c21h30o2i

No comments: